MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #999
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - August tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I always read everything in this thread, but don't post unless I feel I can say something constructive, so here's a suggestion.

Leave the rule that players must send to the correct manager, so if they don't it's entirely AT THEIR OWN RISK. Then to allow flexibility, if the pick recipient is able and willing to forward the pick to the manager BEFORE THE DEADLINE he may do so, but the onus remains with the player to READ.

No obligation on the pick recipient, so hopefully no arguments, and certainly no more waiting for differences in case someone else has the missing picks. For slams which have joint managers, they could agree between themselves how to proceed.
I think exactly this. The responsability for send to correct manager, is of the player.
The managers have much work for to worry this in all tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
rvugt: As a manager you know that LLs are a pain in the ass. If you have 6 missing picks and you don't know if those 6 picks are with the OOP poster or not.. it's almost impossible to proceed. Especially with the rules now that if two players against each other don't send, the draw shuffles to give the #1 seed a bye. It's something a manager shouldn't have to worry about (picks floating around in space).

AdeyC also makes a good point. What if a person who is not a manager wants to help out and post the OOP in a dire situation. He should then not be receiving picks.
LL is the principal problem for manager post the diffs in correct hour. When are more of 1 manager, is more difficult! If a player send to wrong manager, it is for the manager accept or not.
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote