MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #994
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - August tournaments available

As a manager I do support option two of ibreak4coffee's essay for leniency. However the players have to be lenient too. They cannot expect OOPs or differences within 1 minute. I am not joking when I say that.

I have had people demand an OOP before an OOP was even available, or the OOP had been out 1 minute they expect me to type the OOP in one minute. Then they complain about the order of the OOP because I didn't do enough research of the players in the 1 minute I was supposed to type it in.

Same with differences, I've had people ask for differences 1 minute after the deadline. I am expected to work out differences, missing picks, lucky losers and alternates in 1 minute.

Leniency is fine with me but it has to go both ways. If player wants to send to multiple managers on the one day that the main manager can't post the OOP, then they will have to expect differences to be late (especially their match). Otherwise managers will be awake at all hours trying to pass along information to each other and managers will just quit.

As an example, if you allow players to send picks to the OOP poster instead of the manager then I probably will never help another manager out by posting the OOP. And if I'm the only one available then there just won't be an OOP that day. There is no way I can make what should be a 10 minute commitment into a 12 hour one and possibly having to spend the night transferring picks.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote