MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - My son thinks I'm friends with Pro Tennis players

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My son thinks I'm friends with Pro Tennis players

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyesok View Post
I'm not deluded or anything, not like that.

My four year old son sees me watching tennis a lot and asks the names of players. He knows most of the big guys and a few others, Federer is his favourite because he was wearing blue during a phase when blue was my son's favourite colour.

He also knows I go out to play tennis with my friends from time to time. (I'm terrible btw, regularly lose service games through 4 DFs)

But seeing as he doesn't understand the difference between normal folk playing and professional tennis he thinks I'm friends with the players on the TV, and asks why we never go to visit Roger Federer or Andy Murray.

Same thing for Fernando Alonso in F1 and the Celtic players.

Anyone else's kids think along these lines?
Your son is so adorable.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote