MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing

View Single Post

Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #992
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - August tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
You are completely right here! It should be possible to send to the correct manager. But I do think that we might have to change the rule and make sure that anybody involved in the tournament can accept picks, so assistant manager, people who help out by posting the OOP, all these should be accepted.
Other people shouldn't!
You can't make the assumption that a person posting OOP will be available to accept picks and transfer them to the manager at the start of play. This would mean whenever play starts you would have to have TWO managers awake.

Here's an example. The deadline is 2am my time. The regular manager (AdeyC) is unavailable 12 hours earlier (2pm) to post the OOP due to some committment (work, exams, hospital, whatever). At 2pm I am free to post the OOP, does this mean I have to be awake at 2am also in order to transfer picks to AdeyC? That would be impossible to do.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote