MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #135
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Objective who should be no1. yes, but even more there are official rankings and Federer deserves to be ranked no1 - he has most points in last 12 months. Full stop. And I will say that Fed is (probably) the best gras court player today. If he wins OGs this probably goes away. But he is no3 on both hard courts and clay. So player who is 3rd best in surfaces they play on 60% of the year (counting indoor hard as a seperate 'surface' where he is for sure better than Nadal) should not be called best player in the world. And you know that if Novak played 1 pre AO 250 + Belgrade he would be ranked no1 and those MMs don't realy matter to who is the best player in the world, do thay? And I'll give you this, Fed is no1 favourite for the OGs. But he's also no2 or 3 for every other tournament till next years Halle.
Not talking about the 12 months ranking, I'm talking about the race that began with this season. Only points from this 2012 season. Isn't everything else just subjective? I mean if we are discussing who is having the better season, lets look at what was achieve this season, right?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote