MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #212
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I honestly doubt if any of you read what I actually posted. I haven't said once that Clay Death's ban is correct. What I'm challenging is all his supporters here who are blindly backing him when they don't know what his actual offenses are. How can you be so sure he shouldn't be permanently banned when you have no idea how many infractions he has had and what the content of his deleted posts were? From what I have seen of him on GM since he arrived on MTF I am not surprised at all that it has come to this. In fact I thought he was pretty lucky to have not been permanently banned in 2008. A lot of you are defending him weren't around then - he was literally one of the most tiresome and insufferable trolls ever to grace this forum and that is saying something. He has changed since then admittedly but it doesn't change the fact he was already given a big chance back then. You can still see shades of the old Clay Death this year when the right people push his buttons. He has been tethering on the brink of the rules for the entire time he has been here. What I've been trying to say the whole is that none of us know exactly how the decision was made. I highly doubt it was because he had X number of very minor infractions like some of you are implying. None of you have concrete reason as to why the decision was wrong. All you keep saying is that he was a good bloke and contributed to the forum. That alone is not exactly a reason for someone to escape a permanent ban. On the same token I'm not saying the moderators decision is absolutely correct either.

Masterclass are you trying to scare people away with your huge blocks of text or what? My comment about it being reviewed has nothing to do with CD. It's a comment on the moderation here. Maybe you should read my post properly without your rose tinted glasses on. For someone with a history as long as CD to get permanently banned it would be fair to assume the moderators spent a significant amount of time coming to this decision, no? For them to review it straight away and revoke the ban (should this be the final outcome) undermines their authority and makes them look like a bit of joke if I'm being honest.
It's been a long time since I've ever read such an eloquent and right-on-the-mark post on this kind of matters on this forum.

Spot on, and quoted for clarity.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!