MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing

View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #127
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
They consider the toy has parts that children could swallow.

I know this because last week a US couple returning to Oregon from Vancouver were held by Homeland Security for hours, because they were bringing some Kinder Surprises back for their grandchild. But it was not total red tape - in the end they actually allowed them to take the Kinders with them, now that they were fully informed of the dangers of giving them to very small kids without supervising the assembly.
Yeah I looked this up and read on Wikipedia that the worldwide deaths caused by Kinder Surprise is something like less than 10. The toy comes enclosed in this pretty big capsule that would be pretty hard to swallow even if the child tried, and the toy parts, once they're taken out of the capsule, are really just like any other toy parts one could get in toy shops.

I'm surprised those Kinders weren't confiscated. But being detaine for hours over Kinder Surprises?

Quote:
You must have been smart for your age. In Canada they are allowed because it is considered that the children who get these are too young to assemble the toys themselves and an adult will do it for them.
Oh wait, maybe you were just too old to be playing with Kinders...................
I know you're older than me, but can you really resist a Kinder Surprise? It's yummy and it contains a surprise.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote