MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #63
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i can't speak for the others, but can for myself: i'm anything but a nadal fan, speak about it openly, and he's never insulted me, not even called silly for that

and i'm not even a castle member or something
Although I don't post that much these days. I would also agree with this. I never got the slightest hint of aggression from CD and I hardly see eye to eye with him on all things tennis. Clearly, he could mix it with the less constructive posters on this forum. From my experience though, he was genuinely concerned with discussing tennis with anyone who wished to do so. From the impression I got, he even tried to be fair and even handed (perhaps not successfully.

The blend between discussing the specificities of the case and the rules of these forums in general in this thread is quite a blurry one. I do tend to agree that having an 'x strikes and you're out' policy isn't great. When a poster who has made so many posts gets banned there is bound to be people feeling something about it, be it endorsement or negativity. I would have to say masterclass has done a pretty thorough and commendable job of highlighting specifically why this case is worth re-considering. Personally, having never been on the receiving end of insulting behaviour on these forums I guess I don't know both sides of the story. With that in mind, I would only emphasize that CD does have positive elements, he isn't just a troll (at least from my impression). Hopefully that has some relevance considering he's not my friend or anything like that.