MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

View Single Post

Old 07-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #30
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Wow, a lot of love for CD here. I don't share it. To me he was one of the biggest attention whores on the site and before you say anything, no, I'm not bitter. I just want to share my own perspective on this.

Was he a good man?
If he was, he didn't show it. Inventing insulting nicknames for people, always talking as if he owned the place... how quickly people forget. (Btw, I was no fan of Glenn either.)

Was CD a forum icon?
Maybe - which really says something about the quality of this forum.

I will be honest now. I always found CD to be an annoying poster. Anyone wondering why can just go back and check for example all the shit he pulled during the ACC 2011 and prior to it. The fact is, you don't come as close to winning the ACC as he did (lost the final by like 3 votes) if you are in fact a good poster. That just doesn't happen.

Now, CD seemed to calm down a bit in 2012. And he was never as unbearable as SdG. But saying stuff like "he contributed to this forum"? Honestly? In a couple of years I personally will remember him as someone who entered buckloads of threads with the sole purpose of making them about himself.

Now go ahead and throw shit at me if you want. I only wanted to share my viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times, October 2014
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!