MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing

View Single Post

Old 07-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #99
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
Because I enjoy shooting and collecting firearms. As do a great many others that I shoot with, including many police. None of whom has ever used any of these weapons on another person. That's the point. Making the lunatic exception the dictator of the law is not what anyone should want.
That's great. If only everyone could be as responsible as you. The fact is, that's not possible, as the most recent shooting has shown. Again, I ask: But why can't tighter laws be enacted? Why does a civilian need an assault weapon? How does it make sense that bullets are apparently sold alongside other household items in supermarkets? If a driver of a car needs to be licenced, why shouldn't a holder of a gun be similarly licenced?

This Denver guy isn't just one lunatic. Like I posted earlier today, the US is known for such incidents. Surely you know them better than me: Columbine, Virginia Tech, and a host of others. Doesn't this worry you? I'm not even American and it worries me greatly.