MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down

View Single Post

Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #119
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Happy" Valley... Update: Paterno statue taken down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
I think it's utterly ridiculous to strip a team of wins because of criminal misconduct by a member of the coaching staff that has absolutely nothing to do with the games. It's just so ridiculous. Where does this end? It sets a truly terrible precedent.

A team should not lose wins, unless there is cheating involved. Punishing past and future players for the conduct of one man and a small group that may have helped over up his actions for whatever reasons is bs.
I think the point they were trying to make was that it was not just misconduct by one coach, but a conspiracy of silence by the entire football programme and the university authorities.