MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - On the comparison of current and former players

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the comparison of current and former players

I read it compileandrun. It was a very nice and objective read. Thank you.
I especially liked the slow court-faster court parts and your final sentence was pretty much the nail in the coffin.

Quote:
So, it is better to appreciate these players successes and talents and hesitate to compare them quickly and claim that someone is the best in history.
Same thing happened with the olympic dream team vs 2012 dream team when Kobe made those remarks.
We'll never know. I do have an opinion though and it purely speculative but I think Borg>Nadal and 92 Dream Team>2012 Dream team. Of course like you mentioned we'll never know and it'll all come to down personal opinion and speculation.

That is all.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote