MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Strength of Schedule

View Single Post

Old 07-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strength of Schedule

I think we all understand that the ranking system is imperfect for various reasons, and I was thinking today about what might be a simple but more effective way of ranking players.

One very simple would be to create a combined "power rating" for each player based their winning percentage and the strength of their opponents. Winning percentate is an easily available state, but I don't know of a way to get a "strength of schedule' stat. The easiest way to go about doing this would simply be to take the average of the rankings of a player's opponents. The lower that number, the tougher their strength of schedule. Does anybody know if this type of data (i.e. the mean opponent ranking for a player for a given time period) is publicly available?
kidbourbon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote