MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

View Single Post

Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #66
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Your pants are on fire.
I like Tsonga just as much as I like JMDP, and Soderling and Berdych are also among my favorite players. But none of them is a better player than Del Potro or has the same potential to achieve things in this era as Juan. It is no anomaly that JMDP has a Slam and those three haven't: he's simply capable of hitting with a kind of destructive power and metronomic consistency that those three aren't.

I actually Tsonga is more talented but he's not a better player because (a) he lost all his formative years due to injuries (explaining for instance his backhand woes) and (b) he was born a few years too late, his all-out attacking game wasn't made for the current conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Indeed, it will. However, I am not overly optimistic he will win a slam in 2013. I think RG may be his best chance (may sound a bit stupid for his later on lol), provided it's nice and sunny like in 2009 and he finds his form and is not injured. A lot of ifs but winning a slam nowadays is never easy except for Novak and Rafito.
RG and USO will always be his best chances, clay and fast hardcourts is where he plays his best tennis.

The AO courts are too slow, they are made for Nadal, Murray and Djokovic to engage in 6-hour grindathons. JMDP could have a chance, but it ain't likely. Wimbledon, no chance, he moves like an elephant on ice on the grass.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote