MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 5 Forehands With Deadly Finishing Power and Consistency In the Clutch

View Single Post

Old 07-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #51
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let Us Decide On The 5 Greatest Forehands Ever Seen In The Sport

Difficult to judge because I haven't seen much pre 1990's tennis, but I'll have a go anyway.

1- Federer: can do anything with it, takes the ball very early, very precise, very powerful with a nice margin for error. Sick angles. Massive spin as well. Anyone hitting to Federer's forehand instantly lets him build the point. Even guys like Gonzalez can't hold a forehand to forehand exchange with Federer. THE biggest weapon in tennis ever.

2- Lendl: from what I've seen on youtube videos, he hits it very very hard compared to the other guys at his time.

3- Gonzalez: nothing to add really, a nuclear bomb but less consitent than the others in this list.

4- Grosjean: sick angles and pace. That's the weapon that brought a very small guy like him to the top 4.

5- Sampras: pistol forehand