MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer's ranking discussion

View Single Post

Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #1503
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's ranking discussion

I think djokovic is defending something like 4160 points while Roger is defending 3990. So they are pretty close.

My guess is that it may come down to the WTF since there are 1500 points up for grabs.

Strictly speaking about poinst it would make more sense to skip Olympics and play Toronto but we know Roger wants that gold medal in singles so we can assume he'll be skipping Toronto.

I think the year ending #1 might be out of roger's hands simply because of the tournaments Roger might skip. Roger may skip Toronto, Shanghai and maybe Paris (as basel, paris and WTf are back to back whch is INSANE).

If djokovic plays Toronto, Shanghai and Paris, and Roger skips them, he'll have a shot at gaining 3000 points max over Roger.

I don't really know if the year end #1 is something Roger is really focusing on. We know he had the goal of gaining back #1 and winning slams as well as the gold medal in the olympics. My take is that if it is something he has his mind set to he'll do his best to achieve it. If not he might skip some masters and focus on Olympics, US Open, Basel and WTF.
duarte_a is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote