MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympics Information Thread?

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #58
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: week 1 olympic grass as fast as indoor grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Fed will have to be careful if he draws tsonga or berdych in week 1 bc i have a feeling that the court will be playing like indoor grass speed at least meaning like it did against nole and murray when the roof got covered. This may help fed against a nadal and nole duo though. If nothing else the speed of the court when he plays nadal in a possible semi would be much quicker than in the past. .
I keep hearing this -- people are aware that the Olympic tennis is a one week tournament right? It starts on the Sunday/Monday I think and ends the next weekend. There's no "first week" grass. Potentially the first few days will be worse but the courts will only have best of 3 matches anyway rather than best of 5.

Not sure how worn down the grass will actually get by the SFs and Fs.... Also depends on how it's grown in the 3 weeks since Wimbledon.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote