MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympics Information Thread?

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #56
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics Information Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
It won't be too interesting if 4 Spaniards make the quarters! That's the only problem I have with the nationality-based draw.
They won't so it's not an issue. Don't really see the need for there to be a nationality element to be honest.

Basically means Nadal can draw Tsonga/Berdych/Tipsarevic in the quarters - chances of a "bad" draw (Tsonga/Berdcyh) go up to 66% from 50% if Ferrer was still an option. Similarly Novak can't get Tipsy - only Tsonga/Berdych/Ferrer - again chances of a bad draw 66% for him now rather than 50%. Murray has a bad record against Berdych and had a tough match vs Ferrer so really he'd probably prefer Tsonga or Tipsy - guess we'll have to see.

Really annoyed Del Po hasn't done something to get his ranking up and surpass Tipsy - he'll now be a tricky 4th round for someone. Though he wasn't that great on the grass at Wimby so who knows how much of a threat he'll be.

So far Fed seems like clear favourite - best of 3, likely to be indoors a lot of the time (won't stop raining in London!) - only 2 big threats - Nole/Nadal - one of which he can only meet in the final. If he gets Berdych/Tsonga then potentially the upset in the QF could happen.

I'd be happiest for the quarters to be: Fed/Berdych; Murray/Tsonga; Nole/Ferrer; Rafa/Tipsy.... Think Berdych would do better than Tsonga vs Fed as Tsonga makes too many stupid decisions. Berdych on the whole has been solid this year.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote