MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Captain Clément in Charge - Davis Cup

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #14
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Captain Clément in Charge - Davis Cup 2013

I've read the article and it's quite interesting. Arno is really in his new function. Of course a lot of blurry parts cos it's only words not actions. I'm doing a summary it will come later

I add the Pioline article, well he sounds not happy and he's doing as if he knows secret things players would have tell him

Arno and Amelie watching but amelie is not yet Fed Cup captain. I'm wondering when this will be decided

My summary of the tennis magazine interview :

Interview done during Wimbledon.

He's moving progressively in his new function. He speaks with few players in London and he hasn't change his way to talk to them. It's just the subjects which are differents.

Now when he watches matches he's thinking about details, he speaks with coaches, players and already thinks about the speech he will have with them on courts. He's trying to be ready psychologically to this function.

The things he's worrying the most is that if he fails it's all team who fails. He will have to be good in the management of the players, of the staff, in the team spirit. Build a team it's an addition of details and it's on this point he has not to do mistakes. He wants that the group shines that everybody feel happy because it's in those conditions they'll be good on courts.

It's in the gestion of the differents personnality that we see the quality of the captain. He will have to adapt his speech towards each player. For him to know very well players it's an advantage it gives him many informations. For the moment it's easy we are only in theory but in his mind he's not here to pleased to the players. he's here to win the Davis Cup.

In first round he will not especially do choices to win that tie he will do it to win the cup at the end. If there are importants decisions to take he will do it fastly. He hopes that with dialogue players will understand his points of view.

Little talk about the player he was. Anxious ? He denies this but he was meticulous which explains his problems with ball kids.

He says that when he was a player he was very honnest with the press that's why they always had good relationship. Now he will have to protect players not tell everything. He says mysterious about the changement which could happen in the staff.

Guy has announced it will be his last season when Arno started to think it would be also his last one. The strory starts like that. He started to think about the captaincy early even if when he learn it was him he had a stress he didn't prepare. He says that thinking about captaincy has maybe help to ease the decision to stop to play.

When he stopped he was not too emotional, he was happy which is an emotion. Stop the tour doesn't mean he will stop playing tennis. He thinks he has taken all the pleasure it was possible on tour and that if he doesn't the desire to continue there had no reasons to continue.

When he played his last match against De Schepper he lacked of agressivity because in his head he was already captain.

Last edited by soulage : 07-12-2012 at 07:03 PM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote