MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Who plays tennis?" thread

View Single Post

Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #29
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Who plays tennis?" thread

I've played tennis since I was a young kid.

I switched to one handed backhand quite a long time ago. I hit more winners but also more errors with my forehand, while my backhand is less likely to break down but also less of a weapon.

My serve is poor. I don't serve many double faults, but it is quite weak and easily attackable. The less said about my pathetic overhead smashes the better, and I think that my volleying ability has deteriorated over the past few years.

My main strengths are my fitness and speed, as I have done a lot of long distance running and marathons and half marathons over the years.

Often I win matches against opponents who are considerably more talented than me, just because they become tired in the final set while I feel fresher. When I lose it tends to occur more in straight sets. If I can take my opponent to a third set and keep the rallies long then I feel like I have the big advantage.

In addition to developing a one handed backhand, one satisfying achievement for me was learning how to hit dropshots. I have to admit that I get a sort of sadistic pleasure out of torturing slower opponents with them.

Last edited by LeChuck : 07-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote