MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Epic Sunday

Thread: Epic Sunday
View Single Post

Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #12
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Epic Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterovic View Post
How often is the word epic overused? Not in this case. The implications are dramatic and its almost guaranteed that one of the top 4 players of our sport will be jaded for a very, very long time come Sunday evening.

If Federer loses you know he'll be heavily doubting his chances to nail #17 down. I'm sure he still believes in his mind that he's just as capable of winning the USO, the AO and Wimby as Nadal and Nole (as well he should), but Federer hasn't won a slam since his 2010 title in Melbourne which was 30 months ago, the longest drought of his career.

This isn't playing Nadal in Paris. He's favored against a guy he's never dropped a set to in a Grand Slam final. If Roger loses this, its going to have a negative long term impact on his psyche.

For Murray, the ramifications are obvious. Its very comparable to the pressure LeBron has faced the last 2 years. When James bowed out last year against Dallas, he bounced back better than ever. I don't see that with Murray, if he bites the bullet, it may be a long, painful recovery.

This to me is probably the most highly anticipated slam in recent times because it pits the greatest player ever going for his first in 30 months and potentially his last ever (although I genuinely believe Federer will play till hes 35. He'll be top 5-10 till then and still be a contender at slams) with a guy who's slam-less and is going for #1 at Wimbledon of all places.

If you can't get up for this you shouldn't watch sports.

At the end though, Federer is back to his ethereal level he showed in Dubai and Rotterdam. When Roger Federer has 10 UE in a 4 set match against Djokovic (he had 62 in 3 sets just 3 weeks ago at RG against Nole), you know hes playing electrifying tennis.

Murray folded against the pressure in 2010 at Melbourne. Now, the pressure is multiplied by 10000000x and Federer is playing better tennis. Only one winner here.

Roger Federer to win Wimbledon over Muzza @ 1.53
I love this guys write up,good luck!Bring home the bacon Fed Maestro,the problem with Murray is that his playing Fed that going up another level from QF-SF-Final!Like riding uphill on a bike with no wheels n brakes,almost impossible!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote