MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympics Information Thread?

View Single Post

Old 07-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's gonna happen with the grass from Sunday evening 'till the Olympics?

It'll be done slightly differently to normal.

From what I can tell the main difference is that they'll be using pre-germinated grass to re-sow the courts (grass that's already started growing) though the actual kind of grass will be the same as it is for the championships this year.

The other differences are simply the timescale; normally they soak the court and leave it for a week to start recovering, then take the top off the court, aerate the grass, resow the courts etc, but they have to condense all the processes.

They aren't too worried about getting full grass coverage back onto the showcourts, but the practice courts will pretty much be in the same condition they are in now since players will start using them about a week after Wimby ends which isn't enough time to do a tune up on those too.

My best guess is that they'll do a condensed process to treat the grass for the Olympics, and then give everything a bit more time than normal after that to have it in top condition for next year too.
shadows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote