MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles & interviews

View Single Post

Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #852
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & interviews

Sooner or later, this controversy will past, I hope it's sooner, cos I'm tired of thinking about it. Except whenever I saw a point that I want to argue, I can't stop myself

As for defending Hamburg, I'm not all that optimistic, only because there's a factor that is not in his control, the condition. Last year, the tournament was played under a storm, it was cold and damp and indoor (they closed the roof), perfect condition for Gilles. In hot and fast clay like Nice, the bigger hitters like Almagro will blow him off court, but last year in Hamburg, the condtion neutralize Almagro's ball speed and give Gilles time to play more aggressively than Nico. I'm hoping this year another storm will come to Hamburg to help out .

Looking at the race now, he's still at 11, with Raonic and Isner closely behind. So he has to put the same points in term of performance on hard court to keep that 2 from pasting him, which is possible, hard court is his favorite after all and he has proved to play his best tennis on it before. As for the players in front, Tipsy is now at 10 with a 330 pts advantage. So if he can catch up with him to get the last spot on Top 10, that would be great. But it is a very hard task, Tipsy also is very good on hard. In fact, Tipsy is performed extra well on his weak surface clay this year. So he is having a career year on Top 10. I believe Gilles can past him, but he has to have consistent result for the rest of the season and not doing that disappearing act like he did last year after USO. Top 10 is still in sight and very achievable though.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote