MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles & interviews

View Single Post

Old 07-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #850
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & interviews

Lalaland, I think we are on the exact same page on this issue and I agree with everything you said.

One thing we can all agree on is that it would be great for Gilles to move on from this, defend his title in Hamburg, and make a run at the Olympics. A medal seems impossible but crazy things have happened at almost every Olympics, so why not try to win a medal? I was looking at the Race and it appears as if he will be in the 12-14 range depending on some other results. So despite under-performing in the slams it really hasn't been a horrible season so far. If he can really put things together this summer, he'll be in great shape for a year-end top 10 ranking because he did absolutely nothing last year after the U.S. Open.

I hope he can move on now though and not be distracted. The problem is that knowing Gilles, he won't let this go. I know he won't bring it up himself, but he's going to be asked these questions in all of his interviews this summer, and he's going to continue answering because he doesn't know when to keep quiet Oh well, I'll always support him regardless of what other people think.