MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 4 One-Handed backhand players in Halle semis.

View Single Post

Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #46
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 One-Handed backhand players in Halle semis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
The single handed backhand is an extremely tough shot to learn when you're just starting unless you have a strong wrist. It's no wonder a lot of juniors give up on it and most coaches don't even try.
All true, it´s very rare to see a junior player with a single handed backhand these days. I switched from a two-handed shot to a single handed backhand when I was 14 years old, my coach encouraged me to switch, since I had terrible trouble with weight transfer and rhythm when hitting with two hands. My coach said he´d seen similar issues with a lot of players, and thought it would be better to switch while you still can, rather than keep struggling. Anyway, the switch worked for me, I´ve been hitting a single handed shot ever since, and I love it. Obviously, when you´re 14, you already have some required strengh so you´re able to hit with one hand, but it´s really difficult when you´re starting out. It´s still a shame to see so few of them nowadays.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote