Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping Euro 2012 - the countdown start - few hours to EURO 2012 start

15K views 245 replies 70 participants last post by  sfar 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping Euro 2012

[/img]
Rules (the definite ones):​
Players have to send winner team/draw and match result.

For example for 1st round matches:
Poland - Greece
Russia - Czech Republic
Netherlands - Denmark
Germany - Portugal

Player A:
Draw 1:1
Russia 2:1
Netherlands 2:0
Draw 2:2

Player B:
Poland 1:0
Russia 2:0
Draw 0:0
Germany 2:1

Diffs:

00:00 | (27) PlayerA (XXX) vs. PlayerB (YYY) Draw, Netherlands, Draw vs. Poland, Draw, Germany

Real results:
Greece 2:1
Russia 1:0
Germany 1:0

Final score:
02:02 | PlayerA (XXX) vs. PlayerB (YYY)

Each Player recieves 3 points per win and 1 point per draw. We will say the match ended 2-2 on goals.

If in the final group standings there is a draw, we must apply the following criteria:

- Count the total points between the tied contestants. If there are two contestants, the score of their match will decide who is first.
- If still tied, count the goal difference (goals scored - goals recieved) between tied contestants. The one with more goal difference, wins.
- If still tied, count the number of goals scored between tied contestants. The one with more goals, wins.
- If still tied, count the overall goal difference (goals scored - goals recieved). The one with more goal difference, wins.
- If still tied, count the overall number of goals scored. The one with more goals, wins.
- If still tied, we will apply the Match Result criteria between tied contestants.
- If still tied, we will apply the overall Match Result criteria.
- If still tied, ranking will decide.​

If in the knockout stages there is a draw, we must apply the following criteria:

- Apply the Match Result criteria.
- If still tied, count the overall goal difference (goals scored - goals recieved) in group stage. The one with more goal difference, wins.
- If still tied, count the overall number of goals scored in group stage. The one with more goals, wins.
- If still tied, ranking will decide.​

MATCH RESULT CRITERIA:

Players will get 1 point for each of these correct picks:

- Perfect score (correct goals from both teams)
- Correct goals by Team A
- Correct goals by Team B​

For the example given above, this would be the result:

Player A
- Perfect scores: 1
- Correct goals by Team A: 1
- Correct goals by Team B: 2

TOTAL: 4

Player B
- Perfect scores: 0
- Correct goals by Team A: 0
- Correct goals by Team B: 3

TOTAL: 3

Player A wins 4:3 on Match Result criteria

If a player only sends winner (or draw) and not match result, he will automatically lose in the Match Result criteria (supposing his opponent sends match result).

The idea is to use similar rules as used in TT, with the difference that in TT only 2 possible results are possible (PlayerA, PlayerB) and here there are 3 (TeamA, TeamB, Draw). Let's hope we wont have to use Match Criteria too much...​

See less See more
#148 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping Euro 2012 - OOP will be out tomorrow morning

Player A:

What does mean DRAW in this pick? Can I pick only Country-Winner and Score of match? Sorry, im not football fan and did not watch football several years)))

#149 ·

Player A:

What does mean DRAW in this pick? Can I pick only Country-Winner and Score of match? Sorry, im not football fan and did not watch football several years)))
In football, a team can win, lose or draw (or tie or score the same goals, whatever you understand better). So if you put that two teams draw, you'll have to put 0:0 or 1:1 or 2:2 and so on in the score.

#151 ·
Hi All,

Martin’s messaged to me to say that he’s had to go out to a volleyball match which he’d forgotten about and he’s asked me if I’d post the diffs for him.
He’s sent me his spread-sheet of all the picks he has received and has asked me to post it into this thread.

Differences

No picks from :- geangr, Goldmund, BrazilTBFan, Action Jackson, StoGas, balloon, Cazorla, KingDocy, kr1s71an

Some ALTS have also sent picks – tennisbabe999, chowdahead25 and MWHF_FTW – I am not sure of how they’re going to be placed into the draws, sfar isn’t online either – so that bit will have to wait until Martin or sfar are around, but here are their picks though :-

Tennisbabe999
GREECE 2-1
RUSSIA 2-0
NETHERLANDS 1-0
PORTUGAL 1-0

Chowdahead25
GREECE 2:1
RUSSIA 2:1
NETHERLANDS 4:1
GERMANY 3:1

MWHF_FTW
Poland 2:0
Russia 1:0
Netherlands 3:1
Germany 2:1

#153 ·
OMG I totally forgot to send picks... Noooooo....... ;)

#154 ·
Jeff Buckley :worship:

#155 ·
Go Poland, one more gol pleeasse :)

#156 ·
ARGH, stupid Poland, failing to capitalize on a 1-0 and a one-man lead at half-time.

However, it seems that my first match against trucul is already destined for a draw, with us picking the same winners for all four matches, so well picked, sir ;)
Gotta be happy with a point from round one, I suppose, leaves it all open for the next two rounds.

#157 ·
Poland :facepalm:

#167 ·
Thanks Marto for clarifying.

So whats me n my opponent differences??:wavey:

#162 ·
Hi all,

There are 6 people that didn't send picks: geangr, Goldmund, BrazilTBFan, StoGas, Cazorla, and kr1s71an. KingDocy sent late picks.

We could place ALTs randomly, but I think it's more fair that the first 3 who send picks for Round 2 of these 6 players will keep their place (with Round 1 game lost, of course). The other 3 places will be occupied by tennisbabe999, chowdahead25 and MWHF_FTW.

I'll post OOP for Sunday and Monday in a while.

#163 ·
So the opponents of the players who didn't send picks today will have to wait until Sunday matches start to know if they have an opponent for this round and if they do what their differences are:confused:

if you replace Goldmund, just don't give me tennisbabe as an opponent, I will have already beaten the other 2:p

#164 ·

OOP for Sunday and Monday

SPAIN vs. ITALY
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND vs. CROATIA
FRANCE vs. ENGLAND
UKRAINE vs. SWEDEN

Matches count for 2nd day in the group stage both for SINGLES and DOUBLES

Send your picks to Marto except Boarder35m, Direnan, Mahqz, FERNET, Goldenoldie, Hidalgo and stillreal that should send to AdeyC before Sunday 10th June at 18:00 CEST.

If you predict a draw, send your pick as DRAW. (E.g.: DRAW 1:1)
Remember to put your score next to the pick for Match Result tie break. (E.g.: POLAND 1:0 or POLAND 1-0 or POLAND 1/0)[/QUOTE]

#165 ·
thanks Russia

Goldmund was my doubles partner. He didn´t send the picks.
How will my doubles game? Enter an alt instead?

#174 ·
You want play with all players, then? :haha:

And :worship: Doctor Who. I watch 3rd and 4th Season!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.