MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What are your expectations of Jo Wilfried Tsonga for the grass season?

View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #21
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your expectations of Jo Wilfried Tsonga for the grass season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Sure he exceeded expectations overall, but the fact that he could have done even more, is going to hurt him for a long, long time.

Mentally strong? . Well if he can come back from this, then kudos to him. The moment of truth awaits him on the grass -- will he make or break. Will be a testament to what his true character is.

But really, my advice is to take a good few weeks off and stop thinking about tennis, and just have fun. It's the only way to forget about it.
You grossly underestimate Jo's mental strength. He's definitely among the strongest players on tour mentally. He's never fazed by the occasions or the opponent, plays the same way against some journeyman in round 1 as in the final. He's never afraid to take it to the top players and take risks in crucial points. He never gets tight.

I'm pretty sure he will overcome the disappointment fast, he always does. It's exactly because of that mental strength that he's having so much success despite so many injury problems in his early years and his technical problems on the backhand and ROS.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote