MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What are your expectations of Jo Wilfried Tsonga for the grass season?

View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your expectations of Jo Wilfried Tsonga for the grass season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Queens: Should take the title, only person I can see beating him there is Murray and given his current situation and form I don't see it.

Wimbledon: At least a SF there, for his sake though I hope he gets a better draw and avoids someone like Djokovic in the QF, but either way he's capable of beating all of the top 4 in the QF and no doubt capable of going all the way.

Olympics - I think the 3 set format until the final will favour Jo, definitely the same expectations as for Wimbledon I think is fair and realistic.
Agree with this. It will come down to whether he can bring his best tennis for 3/4 consecutive match at Wimbledon and Olympics, he'll be very tough to beat if he does.

Can't wait for Queens to start, there's few things I love more in tennis than watching Jo play on fast surfaces,namely on grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
He broke because of errors, not because of his own play.

Say what you will but Clownga holding serve 20+ consecutively shouldn't be happening against Olderer.
Ah because he was serving so well he put Federer under extra pressure on his own service games.

And why not? He has one of the best serves on tour, probably the best in the current top 10 apart from Isner. When he's serving well, he's very tough to break, especially on grass courts.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote