MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Football Zone

Thread: Football Zone
View Single Post

Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #1342
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Rodgers the new manager at Liverpool)

Martinez laid the foundations at Swansea but I don't believe we would have got promoted if he had stayed as the team was too cavalier under him. Paulo Sousa steadied the ship and made us much more solid defensively when he left whilst Rodgers found the perfect blend between attack and defence.

It's hard for me to be objective about Rodger's chances at Liverpool. I'm gutted because we have lost an excellent manager and disappointed in him as a man in the manner in which he left. This is a brave move by him and one that could backfire spectacularly. Rocketassist has got it right, he has the potential to be one of the best managers in the country but his philosophy demands patience from the fans and the board. Will they be happy to give him the time he needs to instill his beliefs and get the players playing the way he wants? Will they be happy with possession football if it doesn't bring instant results? Will the players be happy to be play a system where the team is the star rather than individuals?

I think he's made the move at least a year too early. If he'd been patient, carried on the job he's doing with Swansea he would have got a move to a bigger club eventually, people would have more of an understanding of his style, he'd be more experienced and he could have left Swansea with dignity.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!