MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Football Zone

Thread: Football Zone
View Single Post

Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #1336
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Zone (Rodgers the new manager at Liverpool)

If I was a Liverpool fan I would have preferred Martínez as manager over Rodgers. Rodgers has had 3 previous managerial jobs, at Watford, Reading and Swansea. He failed at Reading, and did a pretty a disappointing job at Watford, so he has only been successful in 1 job out of 3 so far.

Also this is the second time that he categorically denied that he has wanted to leave his job, only to move on soon after, as he pretty much did the same thing when he left Watford for Reading in 2009.

Martínez on the other hand has had two managerial jobs so far, at Swansea and Wigan, and has been successful at both of them (keeping one of the smallest clubs in the EPL away from relegation 3 years in a row is success). A 2/2 success rate is better than a 1/3 one. Plus he laid the foundations at Swansea for Paulo Sousa and Rodgers to inherit, and like Rodgers he tries to get his teams playing the right way.

It's interesting Rodgers has left Swansea at time when they have smashed their transfer record to bring Gylfi Sigurdsson to the club on a permanent basis, and are looking to bring in Gio Dos Santos on loan. Gio needs to get the hell away Spurs for regular first team football. I still think he is a top quality player, and when he was on loan at Racing Santander in 2011 he was excellent.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!