MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bernard on the clay 2012

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard on the clay 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallace.. View Post
Can't wait for grass and hard courts to come back so he can actually beat some more ppl more often and get this ranking going a bit more
While I'm looking forward to the second half of the year, I'm not entirely sure his results will be that much better. At Wimbledon there will be pressure to defend the performance from last year, though if he is seeded (preferably top 24) then it may ease things. Then the schedule is pretty packed with him entered in Stuttgart, followed by the Olympics, Toronto, and Cincinnati all in a row before the US Open. So I don't know if fatigue or something will become a problem. Another thing is that these type of losses (I believe this was his third loss this season after having MPs) could start to hurt his confidence and play in tight situations in the future. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though...

I think Rafter was right with his comments from last month. I feel that since the start of the year, Bernard's play has dropped and now has plateaued.
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote