MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - President Barack Obama becomes the first in US history to endorse marriage equality.

View Single Post

Old 05-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #67
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Barack Obama becomes the first in US history to endorse marriage equali

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
cobain once said "i wish i were gay, just to piss off the homophobes".
And I sometimes wish I were a homophobe, just to piss off the pro-gays.

But in any case, my sentence doesn't make sense because most of the truly homophobic (in the etymological sense of the word) people I know, do advocate for gay marriage.

Good in itself? Really? It's demagogical and absurd. What is good in itself is that the common people (in North Carolina) said no, while the elite (Obama) said yes, showing the elitist side of the movement. Peasant's common sense rocks ! The common people can understand easily that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Nowadays gays can be rich and powerful. So the gay movement is pretty heterogeneous in terms of social classes (just like the present-day feminist movement or antiracist movement). Gays can be Deens of University, Chairmen of multinational companies, PM's of some countries, Army officers, etc, etc. along with common men.

Gay marriage is a diversion issue from the only true social issue that matters: giving common people, and the poorest in particular a decent living.

As Ralph Nader put it, it's gonadal politics.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote