MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #1261
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Carlos *News*&*Articles* Thread~

Moya Squeezes Through Thriller To Keep Record Bid Alive

Carlos Moya squeaked through 6-7(5), 7-5, 10-8 against local hero Michael Quintero in Medellin, Colombia on Friday to ensure that he is still on course to reach an eighth consecutive ATP Champions Tour final, and lift a record seventh successive Tour title.

Former World Number One Moya was left stunned by the quick feet and shot-making abilities of his Colombian opponent on Friday evening. The Spaniard took until the end of the second set to make any headway on the Quintero serve, and the result hung in the balance right the way through the deciding Champions Tie Break, with the 3,000-strong Colombian crowd cheering every rally.

Moya was happy to have been a part of such a special match, and delighted to have won.

“It was a great match today, a really great match,” he said. “Quintero played very well and was very strong physically so obviously I expected a tough and close match. That’s why at the end the match was decided only by a couple of points. The most important for us was that we give a great show to the crowd and it was great to see that many people coming to watch.

Moya was also keenly anticipating his final group stage match against Frenchman Fabrice Santoro, a player against whom Moya had a 1-3 win/loss record from their time on the ATP World Tour.

“Playing Fabrice tomorrow will be interesting,” said Moya. “I lost three of the four matches we played in the ATP Tour, so I hope that tomorrow will be a different story. Fabrice is a great player and has many skills and that makes him a very dangerous opponent”.

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote