MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup

Thread: Davis Cup
View Single Post

Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #511
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1973 View Post
Canada did it the hard way last year, with three away ties and with injuries.
You are right that we had it tough with away ties and injuries, but I don't concede that we weren't helped by the draw. Really Israel was one of the teams more easily within our reach - I don't think we would have been able to beat many of the seeded teams, at least without Raonic in form. And the fact that we played the Israel tie away actually helps us now, if I understand the ranking points - if we didn't have the bonus for getting the win away I believe we wouldn't be seeded this year for the play-offs, and so would be facing stiffer opposition.

Having said that, I do think we have a decent shot at any of the possible draws.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote