MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Murray : "I can still become the best in the world this year"

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #35
country flag Bobby

Bobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray : "I can still become the best in the world this year"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
So, what does that proof?

Puerta made life quite difficult for Nadal in the final, there's no reason to believe Murray would have beaten him in that Roland Garros final.

Philipoussis on fast grass isn't an easy opponent either, that serve alone makes him tough to beat.

And Tsonga? Do you happen to remember who Jo beat in the first round of that Australian Open 2008 before facing Djokovic in the final?

And anyway, the problem isn't that he lost to Federer and Djokovic. People wouldn't be slating him so much if he had at least shown some resistance in his finals, the problem is that he couldn't even put up a fight.
True. In all the finals, Murray hasn't been able to show that he's out there fighting for the win. It wouldn't be different if he faced someone like Puerta or Ferrer in the final. Having said this, I'd like to see him do well some day.

Singles Rank: 202
2007: QF Forest Hills CH, Turin CH, Scheveningen CH

Doubles Rank: 189
2007: W Turin CH (w/Dougie), F Scheveningen CH (w/Dougie)
Bobby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote