MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Europe/Africa Group I 2nd round: Belgium at Great Britain (6-8 April, 2012)

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Europe/Africa Group I, R2: Belgium at Great Britain (6-8 April, 2012)

Overall, obviously it is disappointing to lose the tie, and have none left to look forward to this year. Had Murray been present, we'd have won a place in World Group qualifying for September. The individual player rankings don't lie - Belgium were simply a lot better on paper, and certainly have miles more depth in talent than we have. To remain in Group I is still a good result - that win over Slovakia was a big result for us.

Goffin is definitely one to keep an eye on, although we knew that already. He is very close to cracking the top 100, and is a future top 50 and beyond. I'd guess that his target for 2012 should be to seal a year-end top 75 ranking.

Evans played well, again, and I especially like his attitude. It is criminal that he is ranked as low as he is, and he should certainly be targeting at least a career-high ranking this year. Top 200 is easily achievable, and he has the talent to be solid top 150 material and earn sporadic entry to some of the bigger tour events.

A Davis Cup squad with him, Murray, Fleming and Hutchins could do damage to some of the second-tier teams.

We will really need some commitment from Murray next season, as the majority of ties will be away. Clay is likely to be a popular choice by many of those nations.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote