MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Europe/Africa Group I 2nd round: Belgium at Great Britain (6-8 April, 2012)

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Europe/Africa Group I, R2: Belgium at Great Britain (6-8 April, 2012)

Belgium has claimed an unassailable 3-1 lead.

A wise move by Belgium to bench Rochus, and put Goffin into play. David is a very talented player, and there weren't really any doubts that he would win this. Another good effort by Goodall, although I was disappointed that he was affected a little by nerves in the early stages. The hope was that he might have a bullish mindset, and really go down firing. He might regret that a little, especially as once he went down an early break in the first set, it pretty much set the tone for the rest of the match.

A quick word on yesterday's doubles. I thought that it was a nice match. Goffin and Bemelmans put up good resistance, as was to be expected considering that they are decent singles players. They won the first set with some nice approaches to the net (especially from Goffin) but, surprisingly, Goffin lost a little confidence in that tactic soon afterwards, and allowed the Brits to gradually wrestle some control. Hutchins really picked up his returning from mid-second set, and that really gave the Brits the vital edge to clinch the remaining three sets.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote