MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

View Single Post

Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #755
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

I don't think playing MC would benefit Roger at all. He has QF points to defend and in reality we can only say that he will probably reach the semis. That means he would gain 180 points which isn't an awful lot. If he were to draw nadal in the semis then that would be it for Roger I'm afraid (MC is the slowest clay out there) and if Roger met Djokovic in the semis he could potentially do nadal a favour by defeating djokovic and then choking in the final as he has done several times in the past.

Imo it is better for Roger to rest then play madrid which is Roger's bets clay tournament (aside from hamburg which he doesn't play anymore, try to reach Rome semis and Rg final at least. If it all plays out Roger will get to Wimbledon with the chance to get to #1 if he wins it. And that's crunch time. Roger knows he has to win a slam to get to #1 and I think Wimbledon could be the perfect slam for him to do it.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote