MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Team USA - Davis Cup

View Single Post

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #34
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Team USA - Davis Cup - 2012, Bonjour Francais April 6-8

Fish out of Davis Cup Quarterfinal against France

Quote:
MONTE CARLO, Monaco - Mardy Fish had a minor health scare in the evening on Thursday, March 29 in Florida and visited physicians in Miami, who gave him orders to rest for a minimum of two or three days, which prevented him from traveling to Monte Carlo to play for the U.S. Davis Cup Team in its quarterfinal tie against France April 6-8.

Fish is staying in the U.S. to rest and is under medical observation. The diagnosis, however, is good and he is expected to make a full recovery.

Fish spoke with U.S. Davis Cup Captain Jim Courier the afternoon of Friday, March 30 to advise him of the situation and Courier and the entire team support Fish in his recovery. Courier then contacted Ryan Harrison, who was part of the U.S. Davis Cup Team for its first round win over Switzerland, who confirmed Friday evening that he would travel to Monte Carlo and replace Fish on the U.S. team roster.

The physicians attribute Fish’s health scare to extreme fatigue, caused by his very active playing schedule on the ATP Tour in 2012, as the current world No. 9 competed in Hopman Cup, Kooyong, the Australian Open, Davis Cup First Round, Marseille, Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami.

"I am extremely disappointed that I am physically unable to join the U.S. Davis Cup team in Monte Carlo for this week’s tie against France," Fish said in a statement. "I had a minor health scare in Miami last week and stayed in Florida to heed the doctor’s recommendation to rest for a few days. I hope to be able to resume my training later this week and possibly compete next week in Houston. I value every opportunity to compete in Davis Cup and wish I could be with my teammates this week."
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote