MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.47 » United we stand, Divided we fall

View Single Post

Old 03-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #111
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
what up DG. no telling what is going to happen man. right now we dont know if the knee is better or worse.

still nadal has some major return and court positioning issues which he is absolutely hell bent on not fixing. he has to return well today and he has to take better control of the center of the court. and of course hitting the ball deep in the rallies will help his cause.

anyway i was just reading this article. check it out:

Roger Federer 'super excited' by Olympics at Wimbledon
By Jonathan Overend

“What's important is that the players show we love the Olympic spirit”

Roger Federer

Federer, the proud Swiss flag bearer for a second time, was a gold medallist in the men's doubles thanks, in the main (I'm sure he won't mind me saying), to the brilliance in the medal matches of his partner and pal Stan Wawrinka.

As Wawrinka lay on the court, a child-like Federer jigged around with all the excitement of Christmas morning, before warming his hands metaphorically over the body of his "on-fire" partner. If there were chestnuts to be roasted, one imagines the pair had the necessary warmth.

Federer still talks about it as one of his proudest moments. Now he wants more. He wants singles gold at his spiritual home: Centre Court, Wimbledon. And who dare bet against him?

"I think it's going to be helpful that I've won an Olympic Gold already," Federer told BBC Sport. "So I'll feel a little less pressure, although there will be massive pressure on all the players, especially the favourites.

Federer and Wawrinka beat Sweden's Thomas Johansson and Simon Aspelin 6-3 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-3 to win gold in Beijing

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be playing at Wimbledon at the Olympic Games. It's just a really big deal for us to be living that Olympic spirit, right there, at the most incredible arena we have in tennis.

"It's a big goal for me, there's no doubt about it. This is my fourth time. I don't think there's another player in singles who has played four in this era so I am very happy that I'm able to do this.

"I'm just super excited and can't wait until it comes around."

While he felt "confused" when mixed doubles was granted Olympic status for the first time ("I couldn't believe it was actually happening"), Federer knows tennis warrants its place at the Games.

"I think we have shown enough goodwill to prove that we care so dearly about the Olympic Games," he told me. "It's not always about points and rankings and money.

"What's important is that the players show we love the Olympic spirit, the dream of representing our country.

"I'm happy that we're in the Olympic Games and the more we can prove to the people that we care very dearly, the more I hope everyone's happier about it."
Thanks for the article General.
When asked about which event he wants to win most this year, he didn't say any of the majors, he said the singles at the Olympics. So I think his primary focus is grass and Wimbledon. He'll have over a month off now to recuperate from his heavy schedule since the beginning of the year, and aim to peak on the turf.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!