MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Team USA - Davis Cup

View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #32
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davis Cup Quarterfinal Clash - Bonjour Francais April 6-8

Quote:
Colette Lewis‏@

@usta will live stream US Davis Cup tie with France free on http://usta.com according to @usta_timcurry
Quote:
Colette Lewis‏@

Practice partners for US Davis Cup tie are Rhyne Williams, Denis Kudla and Austin Krajicek.

Isner wary of France’s team depth

Quote:
“They’re playing in Monte Carlo, I think it’s a slower play court,” said Isner. “Obviously, they don’t want to put it in altitude because in Switzerland it was a bit in altitude, they don’t want to put it indoors because they saw that we are a pretty tough team in those conditions. It’s going to be challenging.”

Another element of concern for the North Carolina-born player is the abundance of quality players in France.

“Their advantage is that they are very, very deep, they can throw a number of guys at us. So depending on the matches, it’s going to be interesting. (For the USA) it’s going to be myself and Mardy and the Bryan Brothers, we’re not as deep so they know what we are going to bring out but we don’t necessarily know what they are going to bring at us.”

The Americans are not sure which line-up they are going to face but Isner believes that their No. 1 player, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, will be there.

“I would imagine that he will be there, he’s playing well this year. He can play in any surface because he’s just very good, as simple as that so I would be a little bit surprised if one of us didn’t see him on that first day,” said Isner.

World Group quarterfinal team nominations

Quote:
France v USA

- Venue: Monte Carlo Country Club
- Surface: Outdoor clay

Both teams have their top players available for this blockbuster tie at the picturesque setting of the Monte Carlo Country Club. The rivalry between France and USA is one of the oldest in Davis Cup and the Americans are currently edging the series 8-7.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gael Monfils lead the way for France, while Mardy Fish and the in-form John Isner will be on the singles court for USA with the Bryan brothers providing the doubles expertise.

France
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Gael Monfils
Michael Llodra
Julien Benneteau
Guy Forget (captain)

USA
Mardy Fish
John Isner
Mike Bryan
Bob Bryan
Jim Courier (captain)
Good luck . I don't really expect them to win.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote