MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Donald Young

Thread: Donald Young
View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 AM   #938
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donald Young

Been a very disappointing start to the season in 2012 for Donald, very reminiscent of his start in 2008, when he got up to around the top 70 after a great run of form at the end of 2007 in challengers, but fell back because he couldn't cut it at the ATP level. I thought things had changed, but apparently not. And with the US HC season over, Donald is going to have it tough now as the next months he'll be playing on surfaces less favorable for him, clay and grass.

Luckily for Donald, his two wins have come at the AO and Memphis. So he's earned over 100 points this season with winning only two matches. The problem now, however, is Donald is mostly defending points from last season at this point. He lost R3 points from Indian Wells, he lost qualifying points from Miami. He will lose 80 points from Tallahassee in a couple weeks, and defends 48 points in Savannah in about a month's time, yet will be playing on red clay in Europe during this period. It appears very likely Donald will lose his top 50 spot in the very near future. What's most important is that Donald can gain enough points through the spring to minimize the pressure he will have of defending the points he gained from the US Open series onward. Hopefully he can surprise and pick up some wins on the clay.

His next scheduled tournament is Casablanca in a couple weeks. He'll be a top four seed there so hopefully the draw works out to his advantage and he can win some matches.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote