MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #110
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
No, I'm not missing it, more like you're stretching it. Mozart knows nothing about the millions, nor about the moving hearts or bliss. The last thing he remembers is dying in horrible pains. So much for the bliss.
May I remind you that this discussion started when you stated that there can be no sense of duty in life without a God. That some people die without knowing they have been so influential and their life has had such a purpose is irrelevant. Unless you're saying that it doesn't matter whether you change the world if you don't see it in your lifetime.

By the way I used the world bliss when referring to the effects of Mozart's life work, not when talking about Mozart himself. Cheeky manipulation there.

No wonder you picked Mozart though, instead of Einstein or Shakespeare, who, like most influential people did witness the significance of their work in their lifetime.

Quote:
A cockroach or a earthworm indeed (most likely) doesn't know what it does, what it does or why it does. So what? Do they have to know? Should an earthworm reflect on its actions and consequences? People maybe can reflect and compose symphonies, however an earthworm can bore through the ground and stay alive after you cut it in two; should the earthworm pride itself for being able to do that, while we can't?
You what?? What is your point? I was talking about people, not cockroaches or worms.

Quote:
What I find very amusing, is that at the same time you seem to be rejecting the possibility of a higher being, yet convinced we have some kind of our higher purpose. That's pretty much the same (or very similar) thing.
It is, if you want to play around with the English language.

It isn't, if you identify higher being with supernatural creator-God.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).

Last edited by Har-Tru : 03-26-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote