MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #109
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
You're missing the point completely...

Of course Mozart died young, poor and sick. Quite probably, he did not have a very happy life. But just stop and think about the happiness and sense of joy he's brought to millions of people around the world with his music. He has been moving hearts and providing human beings with a sense of bliss like few individuals have done in history.

Humans are social beings. Mozart is eternal, for his legacy lives on in our societies and has an influence on them.
No, I'm not missing it, more like you're stretching it. Mozart knows nothing about the millions, nor about the moving hearts or bliss. The last thing he remembers is dying in horrible pains. So much for the bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
How can you possibly say such a thing?

There is none, if you don't want to give it any. A cockroach doesn't know what it is or what it does, or why it does what it does. We humans do. We have the extraordinary capacity to reflect upon our actions and their consequences, to look around us and ask questions about the world, about ourselves, our fellow human beings... we are able to feel love and hatred, compassion and ire, pride and despair, etc., etc.

Only if we accept reality for what it is will we truly excel as human beings. I find it an extremely limited, sad and depressing view that we are merely creatures made by a superior supernatural being, and that our ultimate duty is to please him and adore him so that he may grant us access into his happy place, and not send us into eternal torment.
A cockroach or a earthworm indeed (most likely) doesn't know what it does, what it does or why it does. So what? Do they have to know? Should an earthworm reflect on its actions and consequences? People maybe can reflect and compose symphonies, however an earthworm can bore through the ground and stay alive after you cut it in two; should the earthworm pride itself for being able to do that, while we can't?

What I find very amusing, is that at the same time you seem to be rejecting the possibility of a higher being, yet convinced we have some kind of our higher purpose. That's pretty much the same (or very similar) thing.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote