MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #57
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Everyone's entitled to feel any way they want.
Everyone is entitled to feel any way they want (as long as they only feel it or think it or the stuff hovers in their subconscious. When you express your feeling in words or actions, you must refine them in a way that everybody understands. Whatever be Filo's case against Jesus or God, not everybody thinks of Jesus as someone who'd turn against those who have faith in him, and show his finger to them.

Quote:
I am not religious, but I recognise the power and virtue of the message attributed to Jesus. If he existed, he must have been a very wise and enlightened man. Yet I could not bring myself to be offended by a caricature of him showing the middle finger. For one, because depictions of people on the internet are close to the bottom of my list of important stuff. And secondly because I fail to see how that belittles Jesus.
Needless to say, it wouldn't make a difference to Jesus, given the forgiving personality he had, but ask someone who loves Jesus and genuinely feels his protection, power and blessings, how he feels if someone ridicules his image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
For me it's about respecting the people who believe in him, not about respecting Jesus or giving religion some sort of immunity. For instance I would be mad if someone did a similar thing to a photo of my sister, but it wouldn't bother either you or anyone else at all. I couldn't care less about the avatar, but some people do, and I think they should be respected.
Spot on. I couldn't have expressed it better. To tarnish the image of Jesus in the eyes of those who believe in him is what is wrong. And no matter your personal feelings about him or his religion be, you certainly don't express it in that arrogant infantile manner and justify your behaviour with false reasoning.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote