MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #55
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you feel about Filo V's current avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
It's not about religion having immunity itself bug rather about respecting people who see (in this case) Jesus someone who should.be respected.

For me it's about respecting the people who believe in him, not about respecting Jesus or giving religion some sort of immunity. For instance I would be mad if someone did a similar thing to a photo of my sister, but it wouldn't bother either you or anyone else at all. I couldn't care less about the avatar, but some people do, and I think they should be respected.
I'm not sure I understand your point fully. Are you saying Filo V shouldn't have used that avatar out of respect for the people who believe in Jesus?

I don't think the comparison with your sister is appropriate. That would be a personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
this argument is not valid. why: (always take the extreme example) so you wouldn't disrespect Hitler because there are some people that worship him?

u see, if it's someone's opinion that religion is a big bullshit (very reasonable btw), then this person has every right to point this out.
You lose the argument by Godwin's Law.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote