MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - need help from laver era experts

View Single Post

Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help from laver era experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
It definitely is the Doubles SF from the French Pro 1968 (July 9-15).

But I have 5/3 third set before Roche retired.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Laver...gc.r_pw.&cad=b

This tournament arguably had a better draw than the open RG for top players like Newcombe were unable to play that one, mainly because of the event of "May 68".

It was the last year this tournament was held. The previous 4 or 5 years, it was held at Coubertin on indoor wood.
Until 1964 the French Pro was played at RG, then went to Coubertin. Rosewall won 8 French Pro titiles, 4 on clay and 4 indoor, beating Laver in the finals of the 4 indoor tournaments. On clay he beat Hoad twice, Gonzalez once and I think Gimeno in the other final. Therefore, like Nadal and Borg, Rosewall has 6 major titles on RG clay.
thrust is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote