MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - There is no finish line...

View Single Post

Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #164
country flag JanKowalski

JanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I think I might have figured out why the discrepancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_A...eer_statistics
If you go to this page for Agassi's records, it doesn't say "251" anywhere, but I added up all the wins in the ATP Masters Series table, and they add up to 251.

However, there's a note on the page underneath that table: Tournaments were designated as the 'Masters Series' only after the ATP took over the running of the men's tour in 1990. So, Andre's wins at some of these tournaments from 1987-1989 (Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Canada, Madrid) before they were designated "Masters Series" don't count as wins at Masters Series tournaments. I guess.
Yes, that's what I meant.
And yes, since Fed now has 252, it's moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
yes but tied first
Well then he also has the record of ATP500 wins (tied with Sampras).
JanKowalski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote