MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

View Single Post

Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #320
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The Great Swiss Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasnik View Post
Well, if you opened this topic after US open I wouldn't give him 0,01% of chance for that happening. Today, six months later and with six titles more and playing almost as good as before (haters gonna hate) I would say there is a possibility for that. Not big, but a possibility.

As masterclass said; if he can reach 80 or 80+ titles in this year I would say it's doable. Of course that's all with the assumption of staying healthy. Back problems could be a significant factor in the next years as with some players in his age. And also, who knows: if Nadal and Đoković are absent because of the injuries for some time he could benefit greatly from that. As was the case three years ago.

To conclude, I thought that it's impossible for him to reach 1000 victories in his career, and yet it seems, I was mistaken. With current ratio of winning, 2014 seems like a year when it will be done.
Agree. And of course, he has to stay healthy, and any of another myriad of variables have to not go against him, like another top 4 player getting hot, other lower ranked players rising (like an Isner), etc. But since this is a prediction thread, and we are just trying to estimate possibilities, it's fair to say it's possible given the current status, that it's more likely than it might have looked say, 8 months ago. Obviously a big year with a lot of titles gets him much closer. Can't expect many more big years though, unless his main competition somehow goes away.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote