MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - When did these players begin their decline in your opinon

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #42
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did these players begin their decline in your opinon

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Refer to my previous post. I pointed out signs of his decline, and also reasons why his current form is a bit deceptive actually. Until he wins another slam, he's just continuing his steady, slamless decline.
I don't see any 'signs'. He can't cut it against Nadal in slams? Nadal is notorious for not being a player who phones in performances. Wiping the floor with him at the TMC and IW should not be overlooked. You also seem to be forgetting that Federer has always had trouble against Nadal, even when he dominated. Moreover, he struggled against a Nadal who had not yet matured.

Also, there has only been one major since he really picked up his form, or perhaps two if you include the US Open. Are you really going to hold that loss to Djokovic against him? Federer has never been like Nadal in the mental department. And we needn't even deconstruct the AO loss to Nadal. As I've already said, Rafa has always been and always will be a bad matchup for him